Join our Team!
- $22/hr average pay* ($16/hr base pay + credit card tips)
- Merit Based Bonuses through our LEAF (Leading Employees Achieving Fulfillment) Program
- Medical + Other Benefits
Top Pay + Benefits (see below) + Work With Great People at a Fast Growing Startup
We aim to hire hard working, thoughtful and customer-obsessed people. Our interview process is designed to get to know you and understand what inspired you to explore an opportunity with Steepologie.
You'll be afforded time to ask questions at the end of each interview, but if we don’t get to all of them please don’t hesitate to ask your Hiring Coordinator.
Our 6-Step Hiring Process
For the sake of transparency and clarity, here are the steps you can expect as you go through our hiring process (this usually takes 1 week to complete):
1. Phone Interview with your Hiring Coordinator immediately after applying (15 minutes)
2. Video interview with a Manager / Team Lead (30 minutes)
3. In-person interview with a Manager at a Steepologie store (30 minutes)
4. Reference check
5. Hiring Team meets to discuss your candidacy
6. Offer is made and you onboard!
The Job Description:
We are seeking bubbly, confident, self-motivated people who love tea! At Steepologie, we pride ourselves in not only our quality customer service, but also in our extensive knowledge of tea, herbs, and steeping options. Retail experience is preferred but bartending and café experience will also do. Starting pay is $16/hr plus any tips you earn.
Every guest who walks through the door is an exciting opportunity to get to know someone new and exercise our knowledge to provide a personalized shopping experience. We take pride in building a community of tea lovers around all our stores. After all, we want customers not just for thirty minutes, but for thirty years!
As a Steepologie Tea Advisor, you will educate every guest who walks through the door about the teas and teaware that we offer. You will also be tasked with maintaining a bright, clean, and friendly environment for both our guests and other team members to enjoy.
We offer many benefits including:
- Matching 401(k) plan with a 100% match on the first 3% of compensation + 50% match on the next 2% of compensation (meaning the Team Member must defer 5% of their paycheck to receive the full match from Steepologie). 100% immediately vested. Must be at least 18 years old and can participate after 3 months of service.
- Medical Benefits like Health Insurance and Dental Insurance
- 50% off Team Member discount
- Free drink every shift
*average for month of August 2021, credit card tips vary by Team Member